Ways to track app sales
Tracking your app’s usage and sales is essential for improving its design and developing your marketing strategy based on the results. Third party tools can help you gather and analyze the data you need for the same. You can track various aspects of app performance, from your app sells to user actions.
1. MONITOR DOWNLOADS AND USAGE:
You can evaluate the success of your app as a promotional tool based on the number of downloads it receives and revenue it generates. Tracking these is possible within your app’s built-in platform, or you can also opt for third party services.
2. IMPROVE YOUR DESIGN BASED ON USER ACTIONS:
The data related to app usage can give you hints on how to make your app’s user experience as seamless as possible. Some common useful metrics for tracking your app include: noting the devices and operating systems that are installing your app; number of active users you have and where did they discover your app; any bugs encountered; how long your app is kept open by a user; which buttons are pressed and when…and so on.
FEW SERVICES THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH THE ABOVE IMPORTANT TASKS ARE:
• Piwik is a free tool that helps you track how people use your app after they install it. It requires some amount of technical and gives you the option to link it to your app for in-app usage tracking.
• Appsflyer is an app installation referral and conversion tracker. With the help of Appsflyer, you can analyze your app users’ journey from the time they learn about your app. For new users, the first 5,000 non-organic installs are free.
• Distimo is the best for tracking downloads, revenue, ratings and reviews of your apps. It is available for free, requires no extra codes and has a web-based interface.
• Flurry offers a free app analytics package for measuring user acquisition, user data as well as in-app behavior.
• Appfigures provides sales and download tracking and comes with both free and paid options.
• Add ash is a sales and downloads tracker. It also offers in-app activity tracking.
• AppViz is exclusively for iOS apps. It’s an Apple-only download and revenue tracker, which is available for free for tracking one app.
• Admob allows you to push ads to your mobile app. Since it is powered by Google, you can analyze your user activity with Google Analytics.
• Axonix is a mobile advertising platform that can help you maximize the revenue you make from your in-app advertising.